Thursday, April 24, 2008

Another Day of Training and Preparing for Jimmy

Yesterday found a wonderful trail up from Spring Lake and over to Annadel and back around to Spring Lake. Some great hill work. Did not wear the pack yesterday and felt amazingly strong. I practically ran up the trail, came back around, dropped down and did the loop around Spring Lake and could have done all over again. What a change after daily walking for a month! Today, on the other hand, did the hill work with my 20 lb. pack and it was a work out sucking air and sweating like a pig. I did not want to do it a second time today. I am really starting to feel strong though. Tomorrow I am going to go for some hill work and some miles with the pack on. Got to start adding more miles, and miles, and miles. It just takes so much time. It is very difficult to fit all of my other duties into the day around this walking regime. I really want to be ready for this trip...to take off walking when I arrive. I will have such little time relatively speaking to get into the groove. I am present when I walk.

No comments: