Tuesday, April 15, 2008

History of Looking for Jimmy

I have been wanting to walk the Camino de Santiago since my friend, Suzanne, and step-daughter, Georgia, walked it 5 years ago. For those of you who do not know, this is an ancient pilgrimage of St. James that goes across the northern part of Spain. It starts just over the border in France at St. Jean de Porte, up over the Pyrenees, crosses into Spain in the Basque country, crosses across the top of Spain to Galicia to the Atlantic coast. Approximately 500 miles. My friends, Suzanne and Pat, already left for Spain and they are now into their third day of walking. I will join them towards the end in mid-May, where I will be walking through Galacia starting in Ponferrada and walk approx. 130 miles to Santiago de Compostela. For some this is a religious pilgrimage. For myself, I am seeking some quiet time for reflection and a good walk. And maybe along the way, I will see Jimmy.

No comments: